Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Surprise...

I thought I would blog to update everyone on our lives since it has been FOREVER since I blogged last. So since the last time I blogged about all of us, both boys have started school, we had Thanksgiving AND Christmas and many many activities in between. I guess the biggest adjustment this year for me personally has been having free time to do what I want while Josh is at school. Strangely I don't feel like I get much accomplished during that time except a few naps and a few uninterrupted moments to read. (Something I love to do but never seem to find the time) Of the books I have read are 4 James Patterson books, A couple Mary Higgins Clark and the most intriguing book of them all, "The Shack". (That is a post all in itself). I have been so pleasantly surprised at the ease at which Josh adapted to starting school. He gets SO excited to go. Maybe it is because he has some great teachers *wink *wink. Many have asked about Josh and how he is doing after all of the tests he had as a baby...well...he is fine. He has a few behavior issues we are dealing with but it is coming along OK. He sure likes to talk! Sam also started school this year with the same gusto as years past...None! He is neither upset about going or excited about going. He just goes. He was selected to participate in the gifted program starting next year which brings much pride to his parents and grandparents. He still has a struggle with his social arena in picking good friends and exactly how to play with them. For instance, he was "caught on tape" on the bus wrestling another boy which of course he said was the OTHER kids' fault. I think he just doesn't know how to relate with kids his own age and when he tries, he over does it.
Other exciting or not so exciting news is Wayne is now on 3rd shift. The exciting part is he got to keep his job. The not so exciting news is he took a large cut in pay and our bills went up (like everyone else). This has been another adjustment for me. Trying to balance a home with someone sleeping during the day...almost impossible. We are still crossing our fingers that he will get moved soon to 1st and we pray that rumors don't come true about more cuts.
At Christmas we spent the week/weekend with my mom. The plan was to go down on Christmas Eve and spend the next 2 days with her and then take off and go to Coco-Key water resort in Newark on the 26th and 27th then take off for Florida! WOOHOO!!! WAIT....
What really happened was...we did spend Christmas eve and Christmas day with mom and we all had a blast and ate a ton of food. Then Christmas night, Josh woke up with the "Fooks and Poops" as he calls them. I tried to help but as I was changing his clothes...I got sick. Then it just snowballed from there. Samuel got sick and Wayne and my brother. It was awful. STRANGELY!! My mom didn't get sick. She swears we had the flu but I wouldn't eat any of her peanut butter fudge. LOL...just kidding mom. We ended up staying at her house until Saturday evening and then just coming home and resting up. So no Florida but we did go to Coco-Key the New Years' weekend and the kids had a blast...THANKS MOM FOR THE AWESOME GIFT!
So now it is 2009 and I just watch non stop coverage of Barack Obama becoming the First african-american President. No matter where you stand on issues...this is a historical event that I am glad my children have been a witness to.

So that is it...Here as some pictures of our last couple months. I will be doing a second post in a few days so check back. There was a GOOD sermon I want to document.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new post!! I enjoy reading them!! Keep them coming! The boys are so cute!! Growing up too fast!! During these cold boring winter months we need something to entertain us!
Love ya,
Marsha

Kelley said...

Hey Kim! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm not the greatest about commenting so I have no room to complain. i enjoyed your post. Sounds like we read a lot of the same books! I love James Patterson! He's one of my favorites and I've read The Shack twice. Life changing!! Well, keep writing and I'll do the same! :)

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

It was a good Christmas and would have been better if there hadn't been the sick part.

Everyone was feeling pretty uck. good to see you and kelly contributing to the blog world.

mom

Anonymous said...

Well well well it is about time young lady!!! Now keep it up! ;) The only thing was you forgot to mention the fab new year's eve party that you went to! Hello!!! I forgive you though.
C-ya tomorrow night!
BB