Saturday, April 14, 2007

Toy Story...

So I am sure some of you have read my mom's blog about the snake story that Josh told Sam, if you haven't you should. Anyway...I thought I should share a funny story about Sam. He has been watching a lot of the movie Toy Story and for christmas this year they got Buzz and Woody, the characters from the movie. And if you have seen the movie you know that there is a bit of a war over territory between Woody and Buzz over Andy's room. Well...the other night I heard Sam in his room talking...I couldn't make out what he was saying so I asked. He said he was talking to Buzz. Ok...I said...what did you tell him. Sam said...I told him that if he really does come to life after I leave that he can be the boss of all of the other toys. I must of smirked a little because he quickly said...it probably isn't true but if it is he can be the boss. I told him good idea and walked away with a huge smile on my face. He is so funny.

On another note...we are slowly getting our kitchen back to normal. We installed all of the cabinets, laid the tile floor and Wayne is installing the backsplash as I sit here and blog. I am not helping today because our friend Dave came over to help...THANK YOU! We are hoping, or at least I am hoping, to be able to have it finished by next Sunday. I would even settle for being able to cook and run the dishwasher. It has been quite a waiting game getting this done...it is one of those hurry up and wait projects. We bought the unfinished oak cabinets so that meant we had to stain everything and staining one side at a time on the doors, then we put 3 coats of polyurathane on everything and of course there is nothing but waiting for all of that to dry. When I look at everything we have left to do it seems a bit overwhelming but if I look at what all we have accomplished then I realize we have come a long way.

So that is my quick little blog for the day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it all done! Your mom has been keeping me posted on your progress. I know it will be beautiful!! The stories of the boys are keeping me laughing! They are so cute!!
Love you all,
Marsha

Anonymous said...

I think Sam is so smart and he was just making sure that BUZZ knew he had his permission. Poor Woody.

I can hardly wait to see the kitchen. I will be down in the morning.

See you then,
mom

well, if we don't have 3 feet of snow, the weather is awful.

Anonymous said...

Woody and Buzz must be good fellows for Samuel To consent for Buzz to be boss of his toys, If he comes to life, that is,Ha. So cute.It looks like you kids have worked hard on your kitchen. And it is going to be really nice.I like the color of your cabinets. And it looks like you went with black appliance's, (NICE !)You will enjoy cooking now,Love you all. Grandma

Anonymous said...

It looks great. Sorry kristena and I viewed the blog a couple days ago but I forgot to post. I love the cabinets and can't wait to see the final product.