Thursday, September 07, 2006

How many in your INBOX?

So...I was doing a little computer cleaning, mainly the inbox on my email and realized that I had 119 in my inbox and after looking at each one I realized that there is really no place for them. I mean they don't belong in the "important" folder or the "online bill" folder or the "family history " folder. I don't feel like creating folders for every email like the "funny" folder, the "cute" folder or the "spiritual" folder and some of them wouldn't even fit in those...so I was wondering why do we keep the emails in the first place. I mean I have never went back and read something and thought...This is even funnier the second time or this really needs to be printed and framed. I also have emails in my inbox from MAY. So...how many do you have in your inbox? I would like to say that I did consolidate mine down to 98.

On other note...Tonight was the Popcorn Festival Parade better known as "See a lawn chair and pick it up". This is the only town that you can drive though 2 days before the parade and see lawn chairs along the side of the road just laying there. Now if I was in the market for a really nice chair (and I was a thief) I would scout out a really good chair and swipe it. I would like to give you this wonderful report on how great the parade was but...lets just say...2 1/2 hours, 7 kids (I was there with some friends), and a poorly ran parade. The best part of the parade is when people thought the parade was over so they would pick up their chairs and fold them and put them in their bags only to realize there was more parade so they would unpack their chairs and sit back down. This didn't just happen once but twice. There were some hold ups in the parade line because of the ELGIN band...I said they probably were doing LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT and making circles before someone shouted out the correct order. Who knows. They need someone like me to organize the parade next year. Starting with only letting the first 100 entries in the parade plus the bands. I think they had over 300 entries. There was one obvious absence from the parade, a float that represents our church so we are determined that next year we are going to build a float. At least that is what we are saying now...come next year we may decide against it because of all of the work it involves. But one nice thing came out of it, actually 2, Samuel said tonight as he was going to bed...Thanks mom for making tonight fun. It was worth sitting that whole time to hear him say that. The second thing is I got to spend time with friends. Sorry so long....

Update on my dad: I really don't have much of an update except that he is having a biopsy on Monday and he doesn't seem to realize that his speech is affected by the cancer in his brain. For instance he will be talking and in the middle he will start to slur his words and then it gets clear again. Please continue to pray for us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, I agree that hearing Samuel say Thanks Mom For a fun evening. I'm so glad that you have fun with your kid's. Love Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hey Kimmie!

Just wanted to know you're loved and you're in my prayers. Take care, girlie!!!

Heather

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim,
Saturday night we will all be at our house watching the Ohio State game, when John get's in, bring him over and visit for awhile! You can bring the rest of the clan too if you would like.:) Kelley and Sue are looking forward to seeing you all!
Love,
Aunt Marsha

Anonymous said...

Hey now, the Elgin band can't really be to blame! Although they definately aren't as good as when I was in it!!! ;)
I had a good time at the parade too. I was dreading sitting there so long waiting for the parade to start, so I was very glad to run into you guys!
Take Care!
Brenda

Sarah said...

you have motivated me to clean out my inbox....i have now created 7 folders for everything though. :) Does that count? I only have 13 emails left in my inbox.
Have a good time with your brother this weekend!!
talk to you later,
Sarah