Sunday, September 17, 2006

Long awaited...

I know...it has been awhile since I blogged last but I have been busy or pre-occupied.
Let me start with...I had a blast the other night with the ladies again from church doing the pottery painting thing. This time I felt like an old pro at the color selections and it took me no time to decide what to paint and how. I think I could really get into this. The trip down there was fun and scary all at the same time. I think the church needs to start a refresher course on proper driving. After my experience from the Point of Grace concert you would think I would drive myself everywhere...no...but in the future...yes. Now I have rode with this person before to Columbus and Delaware and never have we driven this fast...it only took 18 minutes from her house to Delaware...I think it is about a 25 mile drive. For some you will say...that is possible but we made a stop to pick someone up too. And if you knew the roads we are on...most of it consists of 35 mph zones because of all of the curves. Do you also know that you can pass 2 cars at the same time a lot faster if one of them is slowing down to make a left turn. I decided I was a lot closer to God than I thought because I prayed that we would arrive there unhurt and we did...and we made the trip home unharmed as well. I have also been known to exaggerate a wee bit so...maybe we didn't go THAT fast but we were movin'. Thanks Brenda and Jennifer for going with me and making me laugh and thanks Sarah for driving. (Oops...now you know who NOT to ride with, just kidding). It was fun and a much needed fun night for me and I had the best Mean Mocha from the Mean Bean coffee shop in Delaware. It tasted nothing like coffee which just how I prefer my coffee. Lots of other things to mask the taste of the coffee. Also I learned some very "interesting" and sometimes TMI from some of the people, for instance....JC from Farnum, Ohio has some rather strange habits in cleaning, I would share but like I said....TMI!!! And the story about the garbage disposal and how certain things that are "chunky" shouldn't go down it. Or that time that guy went bowling....OH MAN!!! you had to be there...I laughed and laughed. My cheeks hurt and my face hurt too...LOL. Well...I think I have exhausted all of my blogging abilities for the night. I hope that my friend, (lets just call her), Barbara Brown...enjoys this.


The update on my dad is that he started radiation on Thursday and they are planning on doing that for 2 weeks to shrink the tumors in his brain and then he will do a round of chemo for his liver. They are saying that with the right treatment he could have 2 years. I think the news is better than I had expected...I was expecting them to say it was just a matter of months. So, what does that mean? Well for me it means that I have to try to cram the past 15 years into 2 or less. I have been very neglectful of my responsibilities as a daughter. I haven't been supportive in his decisions or accepting him for who he is, my fault not his. It is sad to me that I have waited until something like this comes along for me to admit that I love him. It is so much easier to wash your hands of someone and say...I hate them, or I just don't get them. So I am working on a picture album for him because I made him a picture of his mom and dad from a picture that was taken at my mom and dad's wedding and he loved it...in fact he cried, something I have never seen him do. He has been crying a lot lately...I think for all that he has missed and for all that he is going to miss with his grandchildren. He struggles now to even verbalize his thoughts because his speech has been so effected by these tumors. I told him that I pray for him everyday, he cried. Strangely enough...I haven't cried. I am still trying to figure that one out.

I am also attaching the photo of my grandparents that I did for my dad...LeRoy and Mabel Jones and a posed picture of my dad...about the only one I know to exist.

8 comments:

Kelley said...

I know this journey is not going to be easy. I will keep you in my prayers. I enjoyed our short time together as always! :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I enjoyed your visit with John and the kids. It was nice to have you kids all together. Sorry it was so short! I will be praying for you and your dad.
Love you,
Aunt Marsha

Anonymous said...

Dearest Kim,
I just laughed sooo hard reading the part about our night with the pottery. I will have to call JC from Farnum, Ohio to make sure she reads it. I know she'll laugh so hard. That was a great time, we need to do it again SOON!
Love ya,
Bren (AKA Barbara)
PS - the driving really was that scary..and more.....but I still love Sarah!

Anonymous said...

Wow looking at the pictures remind me of the old days and the wedding. After all these years I can still remember how excited I was to get my wedding gown for $150.00 at Sutten Lightners. I think I spelled it right. At that time they were the classiest place in Marion.
Sickness and other ailments are always a time to realize your own mortality. Time to make sure everything is ok and your bags are packed and ready to go.
I love the way each of you have come to the table and are ready to take on whatever the upcoming months will bring. I know God will be there helping you through the good and the bad.
Always glad to hear about the fun times with your friends, but not the scary driving, SARA.

Love you much,
mom

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Big John said...

Well the pictures did it. I have been more emotional about this than I would like to admit. He does look a like two other members of the family but I just can't place it.... I love you sis and give dad a huge from me and the family next time you see him!

Sarah said...

Okay, well now that everyone in the whole world knows that I'm a bad driver, I just have to let you know that I have a secret obsession with NASCAR. Not really. I just like that road and driving in Dave's car. As long as you'll come visit me in jail...that's all the reassurance I need. :)
I know you're going through lots of pictures of days gone by, but don't forget to enjoy the days of now. If you don't have pictures of the boys with your dad or pictures of you and him...no time like the present. Seize the day! The pictures of the past are special, but so are the ones you can take today.
Love ya, even your honest sarcasm.
Sarah