Friday, January 12, 2007

It is finished...



The battle is over...January 11, 2007 at 9:20 am, my father passed away. He went very peacefully, thank God. I want to thank everyone for all of their thoughts and prayers. He leaves behind his wife Loretta, his sons, John, Tom and Justin and me, his daughter. He will be missed for years to come by his grandchildren, Kaitlyn, Samuel, Joshua, Tyler and Lauren (his unborn grandchild). This has been a very rough day for all of us. Please continue to pray for all of us during this time.



G
od saw you getting tired
and a cure was not to be,
so he put his arms around you,
and whispered "Come to me".
With tearful eyes we watched you,
and saw you pass away.
Although we loved you dearly,
we could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
hard working hands at rest,
God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the best.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Our hearts and prayers are with you all and I know it will be rough on you kids. Just know that his pain is over. If you need anything, please call me. If John needs a place to sleep or your mom. Our home is open to you!! Please keep us posted on the services.
We love you all!
Marsha & Keever

Big John said...

I am glad that it is over for him. He is no longer struggling with this. And if we have each other. I love you sis.

Kelley said...

I will be praying for you all. I love you.

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry this happened. I'm here if you need anything.
love you,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

, Grandpa and I Say, That our hearts ache for all of you. We LOVE you so much. The picture is nice of your Dad. And the poem is so good. Where did you get it? You are in our thoughts and prayers. Love, Gerandma & Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim,

I am so sorry about your dad. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love you!
Heather

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Kim- my heart just broke for you when Jay told me about your dad. Marsha called him as soon as she heard. Although, it sounds trite- I WILL be praying for you. Hopefully you feel those prayers carrying you through the next days and months ahead. We love you all- Jason and Holly

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Like John you displayed a great amount of strength during this time. As your mom it was not easy to watch. I am so glad that the three of you could be there to support each other. I am so glad you allowed me and encouraged me to be involved in this difficult time. You are a wonderful mother and wife and your relationship with Christ was evident by the manner you conducted yourself during the most trying times. I am so proud to say you are my daughter.

Love, Mom