Tuesday, January 02, 2007

This year's resolution...

I want this year to be a year of kept promises and living for today and not tomorrow. If you have been reading my blogs over this last year you know that my tomorrows are becoming less important than what is happening "today". The pastor this past week talked about making more time for the things that are important to us. If we try to cram in everything that the doctor's say we need, sleep, exercise, meditation, eating right, plus working and doing all of the thing that an average person needs to get done...we would need 36 hours a day to get it all done. What the experts leave out is our time with God. What we all sometimes leave out is our time with God. I know that this year I have been leaning on God more than ever but not giving him my time like I should. Letting him have complete control...boy is that a hard one. As I reflect on my year...it has been my most insightful year spiritually but one of my toughest physically and emotionally. What is amazing is I feel good about my year. I feel calm and happier than I ever have been. While I still have a tough road ahead with my dad and worrying about Joshua and Samuel...I really don't feel the stress that I would have felt had I not had this wonderful year with Christ. I am looking forward to spending the "time" with God this year. I am sure he has some wonderful things to show me.
I am going to post a few pictures of the kids at Christmas...and the beautiful tree is my mom's. She did such a wonderful job and we all had a great time at her house on Christmas Eve...even with the little fire we had. (Don't Ask).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for the compliment. It was fun and I loved having everyone at my house for a change it seemed more like the old days. I am looking forward to next year minus the fire. I am ordering in. all finger foods. ha Love my grandsons I think Sam is going to be a preacher he is truly an ole soul with all his thoughtful questions. Like" how does God talk to you" Or will great grammy recognize him when he gets to Heaven. whew......

I love to watch you walk this time with God and feel so thankful that you have Him for the tough times yet to come.
Love you
mom

Anonymous said...

I love you Kim, And I'm so proud of the fact that you are walking so close to God. Isn't it wonderful to have that peace no matter what we are going through. And we did have a ball Christmas at your Mom's. We made memories. I love you and your whole family. Thanks for letting little Josh stay alnigt. Love, Grandma

Anon said...

Great pics.

.....and yes, I'm going to ask about the "little fire".

Pretell please.

Kim said...

Ok...it seems a roaster pan is ideal for cooking turkey in but since my mom didn't have one...she put it in a casserole dish. Needless to say the juice was overflowing...just a lot of smoke at first. Then my husband went down to the store and bought a foil oven liner...no instructions but some needed...don't put right on the coils should have been in BOLD letters on the package. So with this new liner catching all of the new juice...the old juice is simmering under the coils which ignites the entire oven. Quickly the turkey (now smoked) is pulled from the oven and since we are short on supplies, grandma decides to use flour instead of baking soda on the fire, which makes the flames even higher. So...we finally figure we will just keep the door closed and let it burn itself off. This works except for the fact that the whole apartment is now filled with smoke and the alarms are blaring and Joshua is yelling "TOO LOUD!!" So....we got the fire out, the smoke clear, and the smell almost out and enjoyed a typical Christmas with my mom! And that is the FIRE story!

Anonymous said...

anon,
it ain't christmas until you have celebrated with the jones, hersman, haines families. next year finger foods, with long forks and sticks.

carolyn

Kelley said...

Awesome post, Kim! You inspire me. I'm so proud of you. Your mom had us in stitches telling us about the burning turkey! I love ya!

Anonymous said...

Loved the post and the pictures! You are one great gal and I am so proud of you!! I have had a fire or two in my lifetime and it does get kinda scarey!! We laughed and laughed when your mom told us about it.
Love ya,
Marsha

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Happy New Year! Loved the post and all the pictures. Sam is such a little man! Wish I could've heard your mom telling the fire story. I'm sure it was side-splitting!

Anonymous said...

Please invite me to your family's next dinner! Ours was so uneventful!

Barbara