Thursday, August 02, 2007

I'm back....

Well sort of...I don't really have too much to write which is surprising considering I have so much going on right now. Since my last post Wayne and I spent a week painting my grandparents condo, we made 2 trip to Indianapolis, and we are in the midst of planning the Grate reunion. When I sit down at night I really don't feel like writing. So why today? I guess because my brother blogged, my cousin blogged and my mom blogged and I was about the only who hasn't in a while. I have had a really long day. Last night I went to 45 minutes of choir practice at 6:30 and then took off for Indianapolis for some stuff that I bought online at liquidation.com to sell on Ebay, stayed the night at a hotel that should have been named "Rambo Inn" instead of Ramada Inn, and then drove back this morning so Wayne could go to work by 2. Then at 2:30 we were off to the local pool so we could get some relief from the heat, it was great, there were several people there from the church. If you are wondering why I would drive all that way for a few things to sell, well it was more than a few things...it was 4 pallets of things. We went a couple of weeks ago for the same thing and were able to pick up 3 bikes, 1 tricycle, a LOT of camping stuff and we paid next to nothing for it and then we sold it and made all of our money back on the first item we posted so not only did we make money on this little adventure but we got to keep all of the camping stuff and 2 razor scooters. I am starting this little side business to raise money for our trip to Africa which leaves in less than 3 months.
I am really excited about this trip and all that God has planned for us but I am a little freaked out by the amount of time that I will be spending in the air, we leave on the 13th of October at 12:10 pm and arrive in Jo'berg S. Africa at 4:10 pm on the 14th. 28 hours later....Yikes...
But I can't wait to get working over there. Well...that is it for the day...I would write more but my desk chair is broken and I have to sit on my knees to type and I can't feel feet and the last time I did that, I think I broke a toe as I fell on the floor because I had no support under me. Maybe I can find a pallet with desk chairs...Off I go to search.

PS....the new song on here is for my mom.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a good version I had a few tears. I am enjoying the Gaither radio music and the fact that I don't have to figure out my CD thing majig. I am glad your church enjoys using the Gaither music, the men's quartet and the fact that at least one song is something I can hummm later. It is the sutle changes that are a concern. I am looking forward to your trip and what you will bring home. Hopefully not a vodoo doll Ha

Love you loads and amazed and Gods Grace.

Mom

Anonymous said...

When I started to read your blog and that song started, I started to harmonize with whoever that was singing, and it lifted me up. We went to church tonight and heard a missionary speak and I thought of you and Wayne who are getting ready to go on a mission trip. I'll fill you in on some of his message later. But he was good. By the way I too love the Gaither music. We will keep on hummming.Ha, Love you both, Grandma

Anonymous said...

Your mom was telling me all about the good stuff that you are selling. I want to talk to you about it. I may want to buy some things. Call me!
Love ya,
Marsha

Kelley said...

Kim-
I need you to call me. I have a few questions and a proposition about your money making venture. If you don't have my number, call Mom. I don't want to put it out there for all the world to see! :)
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

long time no blog. :)
lol about you falling over and breaking your toe. :)
I have to tell you, though, Dave got me. He knocked out my knees while I was walking....totally unaware, fell, screamed, laughed...oh...but he laughed, laughed, laughed,and laughed some more. So you can thank Dave!
I went to Catherine's today....saw some "africa" theme shirts and they had flowy skirts too. :)
Talk to you soon!! Are you listening to your music???
Sarah

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Love the song! We sing it a lot in church and it's definately a fave of mine! You're sure are the savvy little business woman! Impressive!

Big John said...

What a great deal. Now before you become the next Bill Gates or whoever you decide to be remember us down here on the ranch. We have cows and goats to feed as well as the 11 little ones (I need I had heard too much country music) any way we miss you and I wish we could see you but I only have one week of vacation for the rest of the year so I am saving it for my trip to the fat farm.

Love ya sis from Farmer John and the rest of the little ranch hands here at the Circle J ranch in the big D.