Monday, August 27, 2007

Take You through the Fire

This week has been a renewal of spirit for much of our church as well as trying time for some members in the "church" of Christ. We had the opportunity to help out the community this week and it was not only rewarding for the people we helped but also for the 700+ that signed up to help. Our church did a restoration weekend with the theme of "Don't just GO to church, BE the church" and the verse that was used was
Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

On Sunday we didn't have the traditional worship service but it a service where the spirit of the Lord showed up. People were standing and applauding, shouting and if we had kept singing...we may have had a few runners. One of the songs that we sang was "Through the Fire" and it was not only inspiring for those who heard it but it touched me personally as I have been reading about the trials of the Bucks and the Hummels and watched as those families know what it means to be in the fire. God never promised that we wouldn't be in the fire as Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego found themselves but he promised that he will SHOW UP and take us through the fire. I included a video of the Crabb family doing this song with the Brooklyn Tabernacle choir. (it may take a few times running it to hear the whole song...but worth the time)



The service ended with "Who can satisfy my soul", here are the lyrics...

Chorus:
There is a Fountain Who is a King,
Victorous Warrior and Lord of everything,
My Rock, my Shelter, my very own
Blessed Redeemer, Who reigns upon the throne.

Verse:
Who can satisfy my soul like You?
Who on earth could comfort me and love me like You do?
Who could ever be more faithful, true?
I will trust in You, I will trust in You, my God!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was just what I needed to get up and go to work in the morning. God certainly is using you and you have shown what God has done in your life. As a parent I could not be prouder of your walk with the Lord and your desire to help others. It is very rewarding to me to know that you have a strong faith and you are teaching Joshua and Samuel the same.

That was an awesome blog.

Love you Mom

Anonymous said...

You go girl!! I am so proud of you too! I wish I felt good enough physically to what I would like to do mentally!! I am so happy for you!!
Love ya,
Marsha

Anon said...

Like the video clip.

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you also. It is so true "He can take us through the fire, But we must hold on to His hand and never let go. I sure enjoy your blogs. I enjoyed the Crab family's singing. We love you, Keep it up and blog again soon, OK? Love, Grandma