Monday, November 12, 2007

Relaxed and Renewed...

Well that was the plan for this past weekend. I went on the ladies retreat with the church. We went to Sugarcreek aka. Amish country. I do feel renewed but extremely tired. We had a WONDERFUL time and we had an awesome speaker, Tammy Lashey of Calling Levi. She spoke about God's plan for our lives and how we often live in the "woe is me" world. It is like we set up camp where the enemy is and then we get discouraged when the enemy attacks. She said DON'T put up with it and don't let your sister in Christ live in the enemy camp either. Become fighters against the devil (aka. the jerk). The thing that stuck out the most to me was when she was talking about her son, who has a rare blood disorder, and she was pleading with God for an answer to why "she" was going through this. She said God spoke to her heart and said...this is the plan I have for your son and his life. All too often I find myself wondering why things happened to my dad the way they did and it wasn't about me. It was God's plan for my dad's life. I was reminded of something that I read in the Hummel blog about that question of why. Why me? Why them? Why? But if God were to answer the why before anything happened would we still be willing to say yes? I mean if I knew that my dad's passing would bring me closer to God, would I have said yes God you can take him or would I have begged Him that I would try harder or that I should be the one. God's plan for each of our lives is something that only He can only see. I wondered if he cleared his plan for Jesus with Mary. Did he say...Mary, my plan for Jesus is that he will die on a cross after being beaten so that the world could be saved, I doubt it. I am sure in the days leading up to and immediately following she wondered, "why?" So as I sit here tonight I am reminded of a verse that the pastor used...John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." He doesn't promise an easy road but he reassures us that there is hope in the midst of our trouble.

I am ending tonight with a few pictures from the ladies retreat (some came out better than others) AND a video of Tammy singing. My stomach is still recovering from all of the laughing and my ears are recovering from my poor use of the sound system.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim you must of really enjoyed your retreat. We don't enjoy all that God has for us when we are asking, (Why me)But it's our nature I guess.When it's hard going we don't think about that being God's will for our lives, do we? I believe that is when we grow spiritually. Love you, glad you had a good time. Grandma

Anonymous said...

Always good to hear about all the neat things you are doing and how much you are growing as a mother, daughter and in your spiritual life. Amish country is beautiful this time of the year.

You could have brought the big tree from the lobby home for Christmas. That was some room.

You have a great bunch to hang around with. glad you have that support system.

Love you lots
Mom

Anonymous said...

Kim - you are precious. Thank you for sharing. What a weekend of encouragement and hilarity. The women I met and those I met again, awoke me. I don't want to miss the reason God put me here and I thank each lady for tenderly motivating me to get excited about my motherly challenges and grow. What a wonderful group you have there at "the Naz". Absolutely contagious. Although I am not around most of the chicks, know that since I'm packing heat I hope to be hanging out at the firing range/training center a lot more.
- Retreat Crasher 1

Anonymous said...

Kim, Sorry I haven't posted lately. I have been reading but just been really busy here at work! Your retreat looked like you all had a great time! I wish our ladies could do something like that! Look forward to seeing you over the holidays!
Love ya,
Marsha

Anonymous said...

Kim, I haven't been able to breng in your pictures and video. I'll see them when we get home. I don't know what is awrong down here. We have trouble getting things to come in. Love you, Grandma