Friday, August 25, 2006

I was alseep until I woke up

Weird title, I know but have you ever said something like that...I have to say it wasn't me who said it but it made me laugh...Like I was watching TV until I turned it off...It is one of those "DUH" moments. For instance...today I went to Applebees with some friends for a birthday lunch and I had bought a cake for after the meal and so I asked the lady cleaning the tables..."Do you have any small plates?" Her answer was "Yes...Did you want some?" I sarcastically said "NO...I just wondered if you had them...Thanks!" So she didn't get me any. She is clearly a black and white person. I have a hard time with people like that. I am always amazed when someone doesn't get the obvious humor in things people say... Here are a few more examples of the "duh" things people say...when you get an obvious haircut like 10 inches off...sure as the sky is blue someone is going to say...Did you get a haircut? I want to say...no I am just combing it over and hairspraying it close to my head so I don't have to mess with it anymore...but thanks for asking. Or you are out somewhere and it is 100 degrees out and you are sweating and someone says "Are you hot?" NO....my body just can't hold anymore and it is starting to seep but thanks for asking. Or if you are tall and someone says...how is the weather up there? You want to say...it has been raining since this morning but I think they are calling for clearing skies later.
To end this blog, here is a little something that my grandpa says that makes me laugh that sort of falls into this topic...When someone asks "How are you feeling?" He almost always answers "With my fingers."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh and I do mean laugh. You got it down that is the reason I hesitate sitting next to you at any event or when we are out because of the side bar comments you make in my ear. I have never mastered the laugh that can stay inside and just shake. I snort or explode trying to keep it in. That was a great blog. I needed that to motivate me this morning.
love mom

Kelley said...

Very funny! Just the start I needed for my day! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! Just what I needed this morning. After a day of shopping in Columbus, this morning is a real challenge to even walk. My first thought was to check all the blogs and see what was posted since Friday. Cool!! I love to be surprised with new blogs to read!! You made my day!!
Love ya,
Marsha

Anonymous said...

YOU need to get the "here's your Sign" Guy tapes from Blue Collar comedy. Same idea! SO funny!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I've got 2 great ones that my grandma said (man do I miss her!)
1) Wow, the sun sure is bright when you look right into it!
2) Once as I was driving her to Kenton, we went by the large cemetary and she said "imagine if all those people were alive, how many people would be standing right there. Alot."
HA! Now you know where I get it from!
Love ya,
Brenda

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Hysterical. Nuff said.