Saturday, October 14, 2006

Looking ahead...

Tonight I decided to go watch a band that I used to go every weekend and hear play at the local bars. So as I stepped into the bar tonight I went in with a different purpose than before. This time I wasn't there to party but I was there to get to know them and for them to get to know me. I was in a bible study recently and a gentleman that comes said we need to get to know the non-christians...not just preach to them or hang a door hanger on their door to get them to come. I made the decision to go tonight after the lead singer of the band and I were talking earlier in the week and I was telling her that I had turned my life around and that I was now attending church with my family. She expressed to me that her and her husband (who happens to be the bass player) have been really searching lately for the "more" in life. It was a much different experience tonight then when I used to go. At one point this guy sat down and started cursing and the lady sitting next to me said..."watch your language, this lady goes to church" What a weird feeling. I wanted them to be themselves but I appreciated how quickly he changed what he was saying and how he was saying it. They seemed relaxed and I didn't feel any pressure to join them in drinking and when the drink order came to me and I ordered a Mt. Dew, no one said a word. Maybe this is the way to reach them...I don't know but I felt like I made a good decision in going because now they know that I love them despite their habits and despite their way of life and best of all they know that the change in me is because I go to church now and that I love God. As I drove away I turned on a the CD that I got for our choir from church and skipped ahead to the song "Your Grace Still Amazes Me".

My faithful Father, enduring Friend
Your tender mercy’s like a river with no end
It overwhelms me, covers my sin
Each time I come into Your presence
I stand in wonder once again

CHORUS:
Your grace still amazes me
Your love is still a mystery
Each day I fall on my knees
Your grace still amazes me
‘Cause Your grace still amazes me

Oh, patient Saviour, You make me whole
You are the Author and the Healer of my soul
What can I give You, Lord, what can I say
I know there’s no way to repay You
Only to offer You my praise

It’s deeper, it’s wider
It’s stronger, it’s higher
It’s deeper it’s wider
It’s stronger, it’s higher
than anything my eyes can see

6 comments:

Kelley said...

That's awesome Kim! I am so proud of you. I haven't been very good about comment leaving lately. I've been in a blog "slump." Here is is 3:25 and I'm wide awake (weird for me) so I thought I'd check out the blogs. Hope you have a good week. Love ya!

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Gosh I love that song.....

Anonymous said...

Kim, What a feeling I got when I read your blog. I felt like crying and thanking God for His Love and faithfulness and mercy he has done great things for you and your family. You are a good example for your friends to see what God can do. As always, I Love you. And Thank God for What He has done for you. Grandma

Anonymous said...

What a great testimony!! I truly appreciate you and your stand for Christ! God is good!! I am so proud of you and how you have turned your life around!
Love,
Aunt Marsha

Anonymous said...

Kim, I truly am proud of you. The things you bring home and share and the way you have put yourself out there for others to see is wonderful. I already feel at home and will feel more that way when you can finish my unpacking. Ha Seriously, any way, I love you a lot and can't wait to have all of you together this weekend.

Love
mom

Sarah said...

Hey, I know...let's do that ...go to bars now and 'minister' instead of going shopping. :) I glad you went though. You never know who needs you in their life, until you show up.
And I do like that song!! It applies to lots of life situations.
love ya,
Sarah