Monday, October 23, 2006

Tip...

So my topic for tonight will not be as controversial or as serious as the past few. But I am wanting to know what you think...
This weekend we went to Red Lobster with my family and as we have said in the past...when you take my mom...expect bad service, cold food or something wrong with your food. So this time we were blessed with somewhat bad food but mostly bad service. It all started early in the service when I said to the waitress when she asked for our drink order... I said..."First...we are going to need more napkins and then I will take a Diet and my kids will take Shirley T's" But before you go thinking I serve my kids some alcoholic beverage you should know that they have this really cool drink (with free refills) that a Shirley T is sprite and cherry syrup. So the drinks came...no napkins. If you have kids you know why I asked for napkins because as soon as you don't one of your "angels" will spill one of the drinks or something will need wiped up. So I asked again. Now in my mind I am thinking she probably just forgot the first time because we had 12 people in our group. So off she went to get our salads or rolls or something...maybe she was on a smoke break...who knows. Anyway when she came back...no napkins. This time...I said..."I REALLY need those napkins". I raise my tone a bit...and off she went. We didn't see her or our food for some time...and when she brought it...NO NAPKINS. This time I said...."I want those napkins that I asked for earlier!" This time she brought them but it was after we had eaten most of our food and we were all waiting on Wayne to finish his 12th order of the all you can eat shrimp scampi. (this eating habit will be discussed in a later post) So the tip I would have given her was more like...find a new job....don't leave home without an umbrella or don't dance naked in glass houses. She did get a tip (5%) but think of the tip she would have gotten had she just brought me my napkins.
Besides this annoying experience at Red Lobster, I really enjoyed having my brother here from Florida. It seems like only a month since I saw him last (actually it was). We spent some time at my dads and a majority of the time at grandpa and grandma's. You can tell that the grandparents had a little bit of an overload because they took off for Florida this morning. I also want to thank my family for showing up to see me sing in the church choir...it meant a lot to me. Also I want to say a special thanks to Kristena for sparking my interest in the world of couponing. I can't wait to get started. You should know though that our family is not very good at finishing things...we have all started diets...but you can't tell.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your reference to my bringing bad restaurant luck is unfortunately true. I am starting feel uneasy eating out. The whole experience having all of you around is so much fun, I am always amazed at your humor and how much we tend to laugh. Really you and John share a brain. You both think so fast and the mental pictures you two describe are absolutely believeable and outrageaous. Seeing you sing in choir and take part in church is always an emotional time for me. I prayed many nights for your safe return home, that God would keep his hand on you wherever you were and that one day you would seek Him as your personal Savior. So to see the determination and the desire you have to live the life God mapped out for you is very rewarding as a mother. I hear Sam talk about Pastor Johnny and I am so pleased that he will grow up in the church, develop friends and participate in activities. He and Joshua will have a firm foundation. I love my place but miss the drop in evenings and the little voice at the door, "hi mop"
but we will have a great time when we see each other.
Just be glad we didn't do the WAVE we could have done a good one since the entire pew was filled. Next time.

Love you a million times over,
mom

Anonymous said...

Well, Keever and I went to Red Lobster on Monday night and we had wonderful food and the service was great! Sorry Carolyn! We enjoyed it very much! I am so proud of you for getting involved in the church. That is what grounds you and keeps you strong!! Keep up the good work!!
Love,
Marsha

Anon said...

We love the all you can eat shrimp too! Sorry about the bad experience. Funny story.

Kelley said...

I love reading your descriptions of events because it's just like being with you. I'm glad we don't eat out together very often. :)

Anonymous said...

Eating with mom can be quite an experience. Why do you think we sat at the other end of the table. Momma did not raise no fool. Love ya sis!