Monday, December 04, 2006

2 Weeks and no post...

Well it has been awhile since my last post and it seems that a lot has happened. I would like to say that I was so busy that I didn't have time to blog, but not true. I have been putting it off for fear no one would read. My life at this particular time is not one full of a lot of jokes and I don't want people to feel sorry for me. But today I decided...too bad. This is what is going on, read if you want.
I have been thinking a lot lately about tomorrows. I say this because my dad is a person who lives for tomorrow. Tomorrow he will get out of the one bedroom apartment that he has been living in for over 18 years and buy a house, Tomorrow he will spend more time with his family, Tomorrow he will spend his money on more than just himself, Tomorrow he will make his life right with God, Tomorrow he will live like it is his last. Well...as his tomorrows quickly fade I wonder what he is thinking. Is he thinking...if only I had a little more time, more tomorrows. Would it change anything? Would he change? Everytime I talk to him he gets teary eyed and sometimes cries, not something he ever did until he realized his tomorrows were limited. I wonder is he regretting things or is he just sad for himself. So I ponder over and over in my mind...am I living for today or am I looking at tomorrow to fix the problems in my life. Just something to think about.

In the midst of all that is going on with my dad, Wayne and I and the kids made our annual trip to Florida. We went on the coldest week of the year. It was so windy and cold that we spent most of the time inside. We did get to see the grandparents and enjoy watching them interact with our kids. With my above topic about tomorrows it makes all the times that they get to spend with my grandparents even more special for me. I loved watching as Josh and Grandma took off on her scooter when we first got there and Grandpa and Sam (best boys) taking off on grandpa's scooter. We didn't even get hugs...they just were in heaven getting to spend time with their grandkids. After that we spent ninety percent of our time with grandparents and really had a good time. We were planning our next trip before we left. We also got to visit with my brother and his family. The kids played with each other like they see each other every day. No fighting. It was amazing. I also was introduced to the stockpile (or inhouse grocery store) that my brother's wife has from all of her couponing. It is very impressive and inspiring. It made me want to come home and start shopping for freebies.

After a very long trip (don't stay at Days Inn EVER), and hours and hours of driving. We made it home and quickly fell back into our lives. This first week back has been a bit of a blur. I did make it out one day shopping with Sarah and spent a few dollars on myself (which always makes me feel better), and I shopped and shopped online for Christmas. I think I am completely done with buying for the kids. I just have a few more people on my list to buy for.

Yesterday, I got up and didn't feel like going to church so Wayne got the kids ready and was getting ready to fix breakfast when I decided...I wasn't THAT sick. I am always afraid I am going to miss something if I don't go, so I got ready and went. I am so glad that I did. This is the start of our revival at church with Evangelist Bond. He is so good. I like any pastor who can back up everything they say with scripture. Not just reading it but showing where to find it. He spoke about holiness and sanctification, things that are not talked about too much and more in holiness churches. I had the opportunity to explain what I thought santification meant while I was at the ladies retreat last month and hearing him explain it again yesterday made me feel better that the explanation that I gave was accurate. Backing up my belief that God will change you as you grow in your faith. You won't always be wanting to do the things that may not be pleasing to God if you have made the commitment. That we become children of God so we will start to model what our Father does. I know that almost every boy or girl has wanted at sometime to make their daddy proud. If we viewed our relationship with God in that same light we would go out of our way to show God that we are his children and that he has a lot to be proud of. He spoke about the guilt of your past will not haunt you because God is not a God of guilt. If you give into guilty thoughts it is Satan working on you and tempting you and harassing you not God. It was a powerful and insightful thought that I had not really heard before. I love learning new things. So my weeks have ended on a good note. I feel more at peace about what I need to do in my life today...not tomorrow.

OH...one more thing... I got the family pictures taken yesterday... here is my favorite.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

loving the picture.....see that was worth the visit. I'm glad you're home from Florida...I missed talking to you. And don't be afraid to blog about what's going on right now...it'll make it easier to talk about. I simply don't know what to say, for fear I'll say something wrong or miss what's going on completely and make a fool of myself. I want you to know I'm here for you....today, tomorrow and always. REAlLY!!!
LYLAS

Anonymous said...

Well, you made me cry again. The picture of the boys says it all. It really is about the todays. The yesterdays are gone and the tomorrows will take care of themselves. What a lot of life your dad has missed waiting for tomorrow.
You have demonstrated your faith by being faithful and God will bless you for it. I love you and love what insight you have in walking with God.
Your mom

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture of the boys.I could hardly hold back the tears, I didn't want the have to explan to Grandpa why I was crying.I love the picture. Now,as always I was lost in my thoughts while reading you blog.What wonderful services you are able to enjoy. Yes your Dad has missed a lot of good times, waiting for tomorrow. I pray that he will give his heart to Jesus very soon. Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

As I sit here wiping the tears, I just feel so full of emotion! You really brought them to the surface with your new post. I wish I knew what to say, I am praying for you
kids and for your dad. I know he has regrets for the lost years and I pray he finds forgiveness! I love the picture of the boys. That one will be a treasure for always!
Thanks again for all your help on Saturday. It meant alot that you came to help me out!! Without you and your mom, I couldn't of made it in time!! You both are a real jewell!!
Love you,
Marsha

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Kimmie! Like Sarah said, don't be afraid to blog ... I check your site a few times a day. It's good to know what's going on in your life ... good and bad!

Those two munchkins of yours ... ADORABLE!!!

Take care, hon!
Love ya tons!
Heather

Anonymous said...

I finally got around to reading it. we enjoyed having you here. I believe that dad had missed alot from birthdays to christmas's I believe those tears are for those moments and the moments he will never have with us or our kids. I think we should always live like tomorrow is it. we only have this moment and tomorrow is not promised. Good picture of the boys! Love ya sis!

Anon said...

cute pic

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Holy cow is that picture unvelievable. You are truly blessed even in the midst of very difficult circumstances!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture. Too precious. You're in my prayers. Love you!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, you have inspired me! I love you,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Kim I choose this picture for your cards. I love it. Grandma