Saturday, May 12, 2007

Amazing Song...Amazing Singer...

Tonight I heard the most beautiful song and it was sung by my cousin Kelley at the mother-daughter banquet. The words kind of sum up how I have been feeling about my faith and where I am scared I will end up. I don't ever want to lose my passion for Christ...it seems that when people are most on fire for Christ is early in their walk and then it slowly dwindles away, not intentional but as a matter of getting comfortable with just "going" to church or just "living" a good life not passionate about all of our duties to win people to Christ. To get His name out there and let them know that he really does accept you "just as you are" and that there is a place for everyone in the kingdom if they ask to be forgiven.

It's another good to see you Sunday morning
Though I hardly hear the words roll off my tongue
Looking in myself for signs of something, that's long gone
Oh I stumble through a verse that says You love me
As the voices echo my thoughts drift away
And I close my eyes ashamed I'm feeling nothing
And I pray, I pray
Heal me heal these eyes heal this heart heal my mind
Breathe Your breath of life
Heal me, wake my soul from this sleep
Give me back the joy of when I first believed
Heal me
Oh I lose myself to one more day's indifference
When my eyes are everywhere but fixed on You
I don't have the strength to overcome this distance, but You do, You do
Heal me heal these eyes heal this heart heal my mind
Breathe Your breath of life
Heal me, wake my soul from this sleep
Give me back the joy of when I first believed
Heal me
I don't want to waste another minute
Taking all Your love for granted
I just want to feel Your Holy Spirit rushing over me
Heal me heal these eyes heal this heart heal my mind
Breathe Your breath of life
Heal me, wake my soul from this sleep
Give me back the joy of when I first believed
Heal me


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, I agree with you that the song was beautiful and so very meaningful! I think it was the perfect song for the night! We enjoyed our evening so much and alot of it had to do with sharing our table with you and your mom and grandmother. We had a ball and after we got home we talked and laughed some more. Kelley pulled up your mom's latest blog and read it aloud to all of us and we all laughed and laughed. You both have a gift of words and we love to read your posts. Keep them coming.
Love ya,
Marsha

Anonymous said...

Kim it takes committment and determination and constant communication to keep the fire burning. Everything good you do will be tested to see if you have the goods. So it is like building a fire. You have to keep putting fuel on the flame and then you have to keep it ventilated to keep the flame. I believe that God is directing to your ministry and the message at church today was confirmation that God is annointing it. So eyes up and shoulders back and march forward. Great things are coming your way.

Love you
Mom

Anonymous said...

Kim, I was thinking the same thing while the pastor was peaching this morning. I thought of the ministry that you want to do which will be a wonderful witness.It was as if he took his message from what you will be trying to do. Reaching out to those who are loss. We will be praying for you. Love, Grandma

Kelley said...

For some reason I was thinking I had already commented. Maybe I didn't because I'm the amazing singer and I didn't want to sound conceited. :) Thanks for the compliment by the way. I love the song and powerful message. We do all need to hold on to that fire. I love to hear your passion when you talk or write about church and what you are learning. It encourages me so much. Love ya!

Anon said...

Kel moved us all at the banquet. :)