Thursday, May 03, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom!


"Happy Birthday" means much more
Than have a happy day.
Within these words lie lots of things
I never get to say.

It means I love you first of all,
Then thanks for all you do.
It means you mean a lot to me,
And that I'm proud of you.

I really am proud of you and all that you have accomplished as a single mom of three kids. Tonight as I was talking to you about this new opportunity for ministry, I was amazed at the knowledge that you have. Thanks for always supporting me and encouraging me in my many ideas and being brave enough to tell me when I am way off base. I love having conversations with you, nightly, about everything from the kids to the deep stuff about my beliefs and this new found faith of mine. Those particular conversations about the bible and God are the ones that I cherish the most lately as I am reminded of how short our dash in life is. Thanks for being a great listener...and thanks for being a great mom. I love you. Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a surpise to see that little girl looking at me. Whoa I am getting up there. I can remember how I used to think people in their 50's were olddddd. Now I really think life is just beginning. ha

Thank you for such a nice birthday present and wonderful words. I love our talks too.. It is inspiring me and helping me. I love to hear how you feel and the passion you have for developing a mission to help others. Mine has been the work I do. The opportunities I have had to work in this field.

So from my heart thank you for the nice tribure and for being the fine lady, daughter, mother, wife and sister you are.

YEAH 59 and holding.....

Love you more than words.

MOM

Kelley said...

What a nice tribute, Kim! And Happy Birthday, Carolyn! I'm sorry I haven't commented more. I've been lax, I know. I know it seems like I don't comment on your sermon blogs very often, but please don't take that personally. I love reading them and they often convict and inspire me to keep growing in my faith. I sometimes don't know what to say. Anyways, I'm always reading and loving every post!! Love you!

Big John said...

Good picture and great post but there is nothing to be left in the will so no need to suck up so much. All mom will leave us is a house without on bulb that still works and a car full of Mcd's bags and empty coffee cups but I wouldn't have it any other way. We love you mom and we love you too Kim.

Anonymous said...

I have the car nearly cleaned out so can't have the empty bags. I will leave you my debt too, Big John.

love ya the pics were cute. don't discourage your sister in saying nice things. ok?

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Hey Kim! As you can see, Jason fixed the letter L on my computer so I can comment again! What an amazing post, I pray Emmy writes something that wonderful about me someday. Happy belated birthday Carolyn!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROLYN!!!
Let me know what night works best and we will do supper! Life is just getting interesting at 59. You have all this wisdom that you can share!! :) I hope you had a great day!!
Kim, I love your blogs but I am guilty and sorry that I do always post a comment. You are a real blessing and I am so proud of you and the woman and mother that you have become!!
Love ya,
Marsha

Anonymous said...

marsha hows thursday sound? hope you had a good time at the Amish country. know you did.

talk to you later gotta go

Carolyn