Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The demand of One...


So since I have had a least one person ask for a new post...I thought I would try. I have been trying to think of a topic for my new post for a couple of days but nothing has struck me as blog worthy. I am thinking I am going to have to have another party at my house so I can gather some blog material. It is weird that since I decided to blog everyone is afraid to share things for fear that they will be blogged about.

So when all else fails...talk about the kids. Today we took Samuel to gymnastics. We have finally found his sport. He had taken gymnastics once before but I thought he should try basketball, soccer, and t-ball. When I told him that we might be going back to gymnastics...he expressed that he didn't understand why I had put him in all those other things because he never liked any of them and that gymnastics is all that he wanted to do. He is really good at it too. Unfortnately for me the more that he participates the higher the price is for him to do it. If he continues the price for 10 weeks at age 6 will be over $250. So I am saving now. I have decided to include a few pictures of Samuel at t-ball, he looked good in the uniform...that was about it. He hated every minute of it and wasn't afraid to tell me.


Ever wonder if your kids will turn out like you? Well mine are well on their way. Wayne had asked Samuel to pick up his toys out of the living room and he already had both hands full and he looked at his dad and said "Does it look like I have 3 arms?.....NO" and he walked to his room to unload and came back. We were too busy laughing to disipline. I have been TOLD that I was a bit like that as a child. I don't remember. And just like me and my brothers...yes I have 2 brothers, John and Tom (Tom doesn't like for us to talk about him so I am thinking that the next blog I may just dedicate to Tom), ANYWAY! Me and my brothers loved going to grandma and grandpa's house. My kids can't get enough. Samuel stays over there any chance he can get. I think it stems from the fact that he thinks that just maybe he can convince grammy to take him to the toy store. (it doesn't take much convincing!) Joshua also has found his love for the old people (I say that with much love). Every time we go down their street he screams out PAPA...GRAMMY! If we don't stop, the screaming turns to crying. They are the best grandparents known to man. Now this is my grandparents and their great grandparents I am referring to. My grandma once said...I wish I had grandkids...TO ME...HER GRANDDAUGHTER! They are truely the reason that my kids are the little adults that they are. I would love to take credit for the fact that Sam is starting kindergarten this year at barely 5 but I think it was the constant attention that his grandparents gave him when they watched him when I worked.
So...Joshua is I think gaining weight. He has been eating great but he seems to have more energy so I am not sure if the weight will stay on. He is a hoot! I don't even have a way to tell you how funny he is. His expressions are not something I can express in words and since he is still not talking in sentences I can't tell you anything cute that he has said. I hope this fulfills my blogging for a couple of days. I am sure I will have something to talk about by then.
Samuel's new spike do!

PS...I have noticed on my site meter that someone from Illinois is reading...Comment so I know who you are. Just curious!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well a picture is worth a thousand words they say and the smiles and looks tell it all. I am one lucky grandma that has 4 wonderful grandchildres all very close in age and soon to have a new baby to hug and spoil. I am banking my vacation hours and making plans to head south when the baby arrives. I was there for Tyler and would love that experience again.

To know Sam and Josh is to love them.

MOP (Grandma Jones for Kaitlyn and Tyler)

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, I check everyday for a new blog from you. You always make me laugh! And I totally love it when I'm mentioned in your blog, so I'm going to try to do something outragous the next time I see you so that I can get talked about...not all of us are afraid to be blogged about, I consider it an honor!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

I also have no fear of the blogging :) ha,ha. You must write more often, it makes my day to read your funny stories. Talk to ya soon


Christy

Kelley said...

Too cute! I'm glad you finally posted. I was getting antsy! I hope we see Sam in the olympics someday. That's my favorite sport to watch. :)

Sarah said...

I'm not even sure I should be commenting on your blog...you haven't on mine!!! Geez!! You're kids are cute and sarcastic....just like you!! But my kids are cute, too!! I'm just glad we had a boy, so we don't feel so left out with the boyness!
And if you grandma ever needs to buy more toys....just let her have one of my kids for the day...we'd like a new pool or something. :) just kidding! They're great! I only wish I had generous grandparents! :)
take care,
Sarah