Friday, June 30, 2006

It must be working...

So...I as you know, I have been tanning and I think it might just be working. I only know this because I noticed the half circle tan lines on my biceps were getting more white. If you are wondering what I am talking about, imagine me laying in a tanning bed and letting my "stuff" fall where it may. I decided that if I were to use the stand up tanning bed, I would look like a zebra across my stomach from letting things lay where they want. SORRY...TMI I know. Anyway...I also think that weight watchers is finally paying off. Samuel told me 2 days ago "Mom, I think you are losing weight...you are getting shorter" Kids say the darnest things.

Ok...one more thing...fat only looks better tan if you are not in a white outfit. My mom and I went to the chinese restaurant last night and this rather enourmous woman walked in wearing a white running suit. Now I am not sure which was funnier to me...the fact that she shouldn't be wearing white or the fact that it was a running suit and it was obvious that she had not been running in a while. Now you may think we were being insensitive but we have a free pass to make fun of people who are big because we are big. The reason that I know this is because there where two smaller ladies sitting across from us at the restaurant who found the same thing funny but they were scared to laugh...that was until they saw a big person like me laughing. It was like giving them a free pass to laugh also. It is that whole minority thing...if you are black you can make black jokes. If you are fat, you are allowed to make fat jokes. If you fat and black...WATCH OUT, you will be down right hilarious.

Have a good day. Tomorrow...TOM.

4 comments:

Kelley said...

Very funny. I agree, as a fat person, I have free reign. Fat people who don't know how to dress irritate me. I just want to pull them aside and ask them where they purchased their magic mirror. You know, the one you were looking in when you thought this outfit flattered you! Way to go on the weight loss. Maybe you will be my inspiration! Love ya!

Sarah said...

You should have told her how funny she looked. She probably didn't even know. Have you ever been the one in the outfit that you thought was okay? Until you saw the pictures of yourself at Disney in your one piece bib overall outfit....why didn't someone tell me???!?!?!
I agree about wearing white...if you are fat...and if it's tight, even worse...why not wear anything at all..because we can see everything anyway!!!
Some day...maybe we won't be the fat girls anymore...it'll be in the far future...but maybe one day!
Have a great day...I'm off to eat some pizza and chocolate..why not!!
OH and I think Sam is getting taller...but you are looking good..especially in the black pants that you always wear. :)

Anonymous said...

It is never good for the two of us to go out to eat together since we often find ourselves in these situations. But I will use Linda's thoughts on the matter, " just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you should wear it" in this case the clerk that sold that outfit to her should be fired.
But it did take a lot of courage to go out wearing that, and really I wonder where was her family when she said " ok, I'm ready to go!" I know you three and you would all said in unison, "not in that your not", "we'll wait why you change"


mom

Big John said...

I have a white running suit with the words "cutie" on the butt. I was going to wear it to the gym today but thankfully I read your blog first. The clerk said it looked great on me. Kristena said she wanted to stay home but I thought that was because she was not felling well. Guess that was not here coughing she was laughing at me. I guess I will return it.