Thursday, June 15, 2006

My sign hasn't made it to me yet and it was no more obvious than tonight that I needed to wear it. I decide to help Wayne get some work around the house done since he can't and so I climbed the ladder to clean out the gutters. I was going a long just great, when I noticed a slight bend in the one leg of the aluminum ladder. I climbed to the top and down I came. I am sure it was graceful as I slid my face along the grass. I laid there for a second...the only thing I could think of was...THAT WAS STUPID. I mean I am sure I exceeded the weight limit for aluminum. I mean no one this big stands on a pop can and expects it to hold them so why I thought I could climb 6 feet in the air on it, I have no idea. Needless to say...I am fine. I finished working on the backyard and played in the sprinkler with Sam. I only have a small cut on my finger to show for my fall, but this only happened a couple of hours ago, ask me tomorrow...I may be hurting a little more by then.
I have had a lot of requests to my to update my blog and many wondering if they will make it in the blog. So I tell them stories I was GOING to put in the blog and then I don't feel like including them because they lose the humor if I tell them more than once. But here are a few.

On Friday night after Wayne's surgery, I did what any other wife would do after their husbands gets home...I left. I went to a Point of Grace Concert in Columbus. I rode there and arrived there...only BY THE GRACE OF GOD! I rode with a person who I feared was driving "high on life" or "Drunk on Jesus juice" or something. I have since been told that until recently she would only right turns into traffic so that she didn't have to cross over in front of cars. This information would have came in handy BEFORE we decided who was driving. The first clue should have came as to how the trip was going to go when she mowed down the reflector at the end of our driveway. The fact that I was the front passenger in a minivan, that has no front end, and we were traveling 60 mph until about 50 feet from the stopped cars and then the brakes would be hit and I felt like I could touch the trunk in front of us, didn't help my peace of mind. AND that was just the trip down. On the way back as we are leaving the concert she mentioned she didn't think the brakes were working right...GREAT I thought I am going to sitting in back seat of someone's car as we rear end them on the way home. BUT WE HAD A GREAT TIME...no really we did. The concert was great and I couldn't get over the fact that Point of Grace looked so old but they were good. Thanks to the girls that went with me. And sorry to that driver who will probably read this. (Actually I told her I was going to write about it).

My next little entry has to be about one of my dear friends who decided to play a little prank on me as I was standing in her living room. I had my knees locked looking at pictures on her TV stand when she came up behind me and tried to buckle my knee...now most people remain standing it just makes them off balance. NOT ME. I went down like a ton of bricks on the floor. Now you would think that she would ask if I was OK...she may have but I couldn't tell over her laughing. WELL...TODAY WAS PAYBACK. I didn't even have to do anything. We were all over at a playdate when this hilarious friend got up to get on of her kids as they fell outside and BAM!!! she ran right into the screen door. Love ya, Sarah!

I have made some realization about this blogging. As much as I would like for it to be a outlet for all of my thoughts and problems, a person just can't write about it all without making someone mad. So if I don't write for a few days it is because I am trying to sort out everything going on in my life at that moment and decide what is blogging material and what isn't. Plus I can be a little lazy like my cousin Holly has been with her blog...you said it Holly not me.

ALSO...HI to all of you secret readers...Brenda, Beth, etc...etc. And please read some of my friends and family's blogs...see the links on the right, they are funny and some very insightful.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I will make you your sign as I don't want you to continue to have Mishaps. And as your parent what in the world were you thinkin climbing a latter. Is that spelled right.....

Thanks for writing and Holly too as I am thinking this may have just become a fad and just as I became interested everyone decided to quit.

I can't sleep, been waking up everynight at 3 so thought I would try this to go back and get another hour before I need to get up and start the routine all over again.

Glad your ok
mom

Anonymous said...

You crazy girl you!!!
Let the gutters run over. They will be fine till Wayne is back on his feet again!! Those little boys need their mother in one piece!! I am so glad you are ok, but I bet you hurt in a few places that you didn't know you had!!
Hey, let John know that his blog site is totally black when I pull it up. What is going on?
I miss his funny stories!
Love ya,
Marsha

Sarah said...

yeah, I made the BLOG!!!! I knew some day I do something that you just couldn't get over and you'd have to tell the whole world!! I'm only silly for attention and sometimes I don't even try to be silly...just like running into the screen door. Classic!!
Oh....and here's your sign. :) lol
Well Talk to you soon,
I'm off to blog my own!
Sarah

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

"drunk on Jesus juice"... Now there's one I've never heard before and will certainly be adding to repretoire of funny things to say. What is Jesus juice anyway???

Kelley said...

Kim,
You are too hillarious for words. I get such a visual when I read your blogs. Stay off the ladders and out of trees! Love ya!

Big John said...

Well that was great. I also thought the weight limit on those ladders was more of a suggestion not a mandate. Gald to see someone finally tested my theory. Sorry to have gotten that one wrong. Anyway as always you made me laugh. Call me and tell me the stuff that happened that you are not blogging about. Kristena wants us to get a speaker phone as I always leave out details. Love ya sis!

Anonymous said...

Yes! My name was on your blog!!! But you forgot to mention the part about feeding chocolate m&m cookies to my precious puppy!!!
He had diarrhea today...I know it's been over a week, but I'm blaming it on those darn cookies!!! It smeared all over his butt!!!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that we made it home
safe as we could have both kissed the ground that night after we got home from the concert. LOL I laughed so hard at the thought of Sarah knocking your knees from under you.....maybe I should not have said that out loud I may be labled now. Ha! Thanks so much for the laughs!

Anonymous said...

Yea...the whole left hand turn thing...was about 10 years ago. I have started my 3rd decade of living. You said it girl "high on Jesus Juice".

If the good Lord is bringing me to it and through it I'm not doing it alone..y'all are going with me.

Thanks for writing about our little trip. It was by God's grace we made it home safe.