Wednesday, June 07, 2006

So I haven't written for a couple of days but I have been busy. As many of you know, Joshua has been sick and Sunday we took him to the emergency room. He had went on a eating strike starting Friday night and by Sunday he was so weak from not getting anything in his body that he couldn't even stand by himself so I decide to take him to the ER. The only thing nice I can say about the visit is that they did get some IV fluid in him. But they also put a cath in him to get a urine sample (OUCH!), ran x-rays of his chest and put an IV in the bend of his arm for which they had to strap his arm to a board with tape so he wouldn't bend it. ARGH! Remarkably he barely cried, just wined a bit. Starting yesterday, Tuesday, he was feeling so much better but the doctor is still concerned that he is underweight and not gaining. He goes to Children's on the 21st of this month and even though I don't want anything to be wrong with him, I wish there was some treatable diagnosis so we can move on. So...that is the update on him.

Today. I helped Wayne trim a tree in our backyard. He climbed up in it about 30-40 feet up when he decided that it was TOO RISKY to go any farther. About 10 feet up I would have come to that conclusion. I actually had to quit watching when I lost him in the branches because I kept having visions of him crashing down on our shed. So we decided to do what any other redneck would do...we tied an extension cord to the branch pulled it to the ground and he climbed on a step ladder and cut it with the chainsaw. We came inside and had a shasta and ate moon pies. LOL. We go this week to get fitted for our "You're Stupid" signs. But it makes room for our poor people pool. All of this so we can get 30 more minutes of sun directly on our pool so it will heat it up. YEAH RIGHT!
Friday I have to take Wayne in for hernia surgery and we will be stuck in the house together for at least 2 weeks SO pray for me! I know that sounds bad but if you know us you know that we hardly see each other because he is always working and I don't know how I am going to handle him being around ALL THE TIME! Maybe this will be a good thing for us. He is a really great man and I would happily marry him again tomorrow (but he has to come debt free, hee hee). I know I don't talk about him a whole lot because I can be really sarcastic and I don't want it to come across wrong. We have a great life together and two wonderful and perfect kids and he has been a great husband and father. Sometimes I don't say it enough about how much I love him because I have this tough independent exterior I need to maintain. Here is a picture of my lovely husband.


JUST KIDDING!!! (Here is our lovely family)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

AHHHH Kim, that's so sweet, especially the picture of your husband. Ya big ogger lover! :) Hey, you'll have the chance to get to know your husband....well, maybe date him. :) I'll even watch your kids...you still have your coupon right?
I'm glad Josh is feeling better...it does make me worry about him though. I think it must be the miracle grow I put in my kids food that makes them so tall. But let's just hope we'll all laugh about this when we get older and wiser and more beautiful!
You make me laugh...and that's a good thing!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

I thought Wayne looked a little green around the eyes but it's probably from his hard work. He looks a little heavier around the absence of his hair;oh well, age does things to the eyesight.

We are all going to pray for Joshua and ask God to heal his little body and help him get the words out that are on the tip of his tongue.

If you need a stupid sign I can make one. We can pass it aroumd the family. So try to stay out of the trees and stand firmly on the ground. Tell Wayne good luck in the morning as he gets things shored up.

Love ya
mom

Anonymous said...

Kim, You are too funny!! I am praying for little Josh and hope you find out something soon that can help the little guy! He is such a doll!! There is nothing worse than the helpless feeling of a sick child and not knowing how to make them better. Hang in there!!
Love you,
Marsha

Kelley said...

Kim, I do believe you've turned downright gushy! I love it! You have a wonderful family. I'm keeping Joshua in my prayers! Love ya!

Kelley

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh about Mr Shrek Haines!!! It is to funny how you come up with things like that! Thanks for making me laugh, and as always Josh is in our prayers.

Love ya
christy

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

"If you need a stupid sign I can make you one." OK, you Jones' are hands down the wittiest people I know (and just happen to be related to!) Where do you guys come up with this stuff?