Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Update on Josh:
I took him to the doctor today at Children's. I would like to say that we never have to go back but we do. They said he only gained 1/2 pound in the 2 months since we were there last. I explained that he had been sick and I was sure that this was why he was not gaining. I tried to defend myself to the nutritionist that came in that I am really sharing all of the food with my kids and not eating it myself but I could tell what that little skinny thing was thinking..."SHARE THE FOOD" Well...maybe I am overly sensitive due to the fact that I do at times catch myself sneaking fries from their plates. I would like to tell everyone that this time at Weight Watchers has really made a difference but I have only kept off .6 pounds. NOTICE THE POINT in 4 weeks or so of going. I think it is from the fact that the first time I was weighed I forgot to pee first and now I am just maintaining what was already there. I was hoping that after all the hard work I would be down to a slim 145 lb by Sam's birthday......Oops...I had to take a moment and laugh. ANYWAY!....back to Josh (boy I wished I had little of his problem), he is not liking food most days. He doesn't really show any interest. He may take a bite or two for breakfast and not eat the rest of the day. So the doctor wants to see us again in 2 months. He said if he doesn't gain this time we might have to go down in his stomach with a scope. I will most likely not be present for that test. I had that done and I think I made one of the nurses throw up because I was gagging so much. So Wayne will have to handle that test. Let's just pray he gets his appetite and starts gaining before these 2 months are up. So...that is it. They said to continue to do what I had been doing. Great...that is working SO well. So pray for me that I will have the patience to do what I need to do for him. This is it for the night.

7 comments:

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Poor liitle guy. seriously just breaks my heart. have you guys had a second opinion? Seems like their not as concerned as you are? Or am I totally off base? there is nothing more accurate than a mother's intuition... the last time I was at the doc with Zeke, I started to cry and told 'em I wouldn't leave 'til I had a good answer or they could send me to somebody who had one... You know me...so afraid to say what I REALLY feel!

Anonymous said...

Josh is the cutest little guy!! I will be praying for him to find something that he loves to eat that will put some weight on him. I know it must be so frustrating to not have a answer to his problem. Hang in there. We just have to hold each other up in prayer!!
Love you,
Marsha

Kelley said...

I have a friend who doesn't really like food. She thinks it's a waste of time to eat and only eats because she has to. (I can't imagaine!) Maybe Josh will be like that. It'll make him seem a little freakish to the rest of our family, but at least he won't be lamenting about being over weight on a blog for the whole world to read like we are. :) Seriously, I will continue to pray. I know this must be so frustrating. I agree with Holly, listen to that inner voice. Doctors aren't always right. I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

My Big Jon(notice the spelling) filled the crew leader spot for you while you were taking Joshua to childrens hospital. He is used to the older kids and I think the younger ones wore him out. He made it sound like he was reponsible for 5 Abby's(who also doesn't like to eat meals..ok maybe salads and black olives).

We will continue to pray for Joshua. He may be little but he plays and interacts well. He is a great kid and Sam too!

Big John said...

Sorry to hear that you don't have an answer, but glad he's at least gaining some weight. We hope you know something soon, if not don't be afraid to smack the dr's around a little bit. We love you all.

Sarah said...

You guys just need to come to my house more! All we seem to do there is eat, and Josh seems to like our junk food cabinet...i know, not the best stuff! But it's okay, him and Ethan will be sharing clothes! It'll be so much easier when one of them has a blow out...or something.
And we all know when something just isn't right. When he stops acting so darn cute...then I'd be worried. You and your family are forever in our hearts and prayers!
Love ya,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Ok, It's time to post a new blog!! I have been checking and nothing new!! Lets go girl!! I am getting bored!
Love ya,
Marsha