Friday, July 28, 2006

The begging shall cease!

After much begging I am writing a blog. I have been really busy...(OK not really). Actually this has been a pretty slow week so I have tried to be as lazy as possible. I have managed to get together a few times with friends. Some interesting things happen when you have a house full of screaming, running and sometimes laughing kids. For instance...we were all sitting in my friends living room when one of the children was digging for gold...I mean she was scratching her brain if you know what I mean. When my friend Brenda said..."Did you get it?" She said Yes....AND THEN SHE ATE IT! I think Brenda threw up in her mouth. I was laughing so hard that I thought I was going to have to put one of the baby's diapers. Last night was also Samuel's first official sleep over with his friend Riley. I would like to be able to say that he was devastated to see me leave and that first thing this morning he cried and cried for me but no...he loved it, he didn't even know I had left. It is hard to believe that he is getting this old. He was so devastated by not being home last night that he decided to stay the night at his "Mop"'s house tonight.
The second thing I wanted to blog about was how we sometimes get so wrapped up in our own worries and frustrations that we miss the fact that there are people and friends around us that are going though "stuff" too. I was awaken to this the other night as I was sitting "listening" to a friend tell me about some of the stuff that they have been dealing with. I thought...WOW...have I been so blind and completely caught up in myself that I missed what was happening to my friend. I think that sometimes we need to talk less and listen more. I feel like my friends have listened to me alot lately about Josh and about me, me, me...that I forgot to listen to them. I forgot what a real friend is...a great listener. I apologize to my friends if I have been selfish in my stories and in our time together. I will try to do better. Sometimes I wish that I didn't have the past and the life that I have because it has afforded me a lot of stories that seem to always fit right in there with someone elses story. I never want to come across like I am trying to have the "best" story or the "worse" problem or the "YEAH...well my..." kind of story.
Philippians 2:3
Don't be selfish; don't live to make a good impression on others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourself.

One side note...here is a picture of Josh for my brother...I think him and Tyler are starting to look a little alike. I can't wait to see them together in November.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, You are so right. We do to talk less and listen more. It is so good to have friends who will listen to us when we are burdened down and don't know what to do. I Thank God that you have such good friends. You write so well. I'm proud of you. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT i HAVE TRIED TO WRITE ANY COMMMENTS. hOPE NOW i CAN SEND IT OR POST IT. OR POST IT. lOVE, gRANDMA

Anonymous said...

I personally cannot wait to see all the kids together. Whatever we decide to do over the holidays it will be good to have everyone together for that time. The boys will be fun to watch. And Kaitlyn and Sam will have fun they will be able to ride the rides together.

You are learning so much the scripture verse was perfect.

Sam and I had a good time.
Love mom

Anonymous said...

Kim, Good to see a new blog. I was having withdrawal!! You are so right about listening more and talking less. I too feel like I talk too much and need to listen more!! You are doing a great job writing and I enjoy reading them so much!!
Love,
Aunt Marsha

Kelley said...

I agree with mom! I always enjoy reading your posts. This blogging addiction has really been a good thing. I feel like i'm closer and know you all better! I'm trying to work up to a post today! :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Kim,
What can I say, I just can't stand to watch boogie eating!!!
It's funny that everyone is commenting on your serious part of the blog about listening better. Didn't anyone listen to the part of me being traumatized by the booger eating???